TECH SUPPORT ASSOCIATE
Headquartered in Syracuse, NY, we are looking for a Tech Support Associate to join our team at our Armory Square office, with some work-from-home opportunities available. Reporting to the Director Tech Support, the Tech Support Associate is responsible for day-to-day support of client data. This involves working with managers, owners, and IT contacts to troubleshoot and resolve software and hardware issues. In addition, the Tech Support Associate is expected to work with other departments within BeerBoard to exchange information and provide insight into issues/discrepancies with pour or sold data population. The Tech Support Associate may also assist with POS installations and integrations during client onboarding.
- Support locations experiencing pour data issues and work with managers to diagnose and resolve
- Resolve sales data issues, as well as software or cloud-based POS issues
- Remotely troubleshoot network issues at client sites/locations
- Aid in Onboarding new clients; audit sales reports; help in remedying sales discrepancies
- Assist with maintenance of BeerBoard CRM (Bitrix); this may involve answering questions, implementing changes/improvements, or troubleshooting process or data issues
- Aid in testing the SmartBar mobile app when changes or improvements are made
- Assist with sales data auditing for locations with high variance or missing product sales data
- Other related duties as assigned
- B.A./B.S. required; B.A./B.S. in IT, Computer Science, or related field preferred
- 2-3 years of customer service experience, in a tech support function
- IT or network experience and/or certification highly valued
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving software and hardware issues remotely, in installation and integration environments
- A thorough understanding of Windows-based systems to navigate through files and file systems on different versions of Windows (Vista through Windows 10)
- Familiarity with admin tools, command prompt, and other complex windows programs
- Exposure to Scrum, using Agile methods is a strong asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with clients, IT departments, and in-house associates who may not have a technical background
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally (in a team environment) and help resolve issues with other departments at BeerBoard
Still wondering if BeerBoard is right for you? We offer:
- A shared passion for excellent standards within the beer industry;
- Working for a growing, entrepreneurial and close-knit company;
- A competitive salary with health benefits.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas for this job opening, now or in the future.