Through our industry-leading data, insights and inventory platform, BeerBoard helps retailers to sell more beer and make more money.
Installed at thousands of retail locations, we manage over $1 billion in retail draft beer sales and 45,000 products.
Our business is helping drive your success – improved efficiency, optimization and revenue.
This is the playbook.
Single end-to-end platform to manage your full life cycle
Automate Inventory & Ordering
Stop Weighing Kegs
- Management spends hours in cold keg rooms moving, lifting and weighing kegs. Utilize BeerBoard data week-to-week to automate this process.
- Automated inventory proves to be more accurate than physical counts currently being performed by store managers.
- Reduce liability and eliminate the need to physically move kegs in the keg room.
Automate Purchase Orders & Submit Orders Directly to Distributors
- Retailers use BeerBoard’s algorithm to calculate past volume by brand to recommend Smartpar values and create PO’s for managers review.
- Managers submit orders to distributors without ever having to email, call or see them in person.
- PO’s will reduce carrying cost by eliminating orders for beers that are not needed for the week.
- Invoices are sent back to the SmartBar platform for managers to confirm the prices on the invoice match the store pricing.
- Take the PO’s, and automatically update the backoffice system for accounting, and inventory purposes.
- SmartBar inventory levels are automatically updated once the manager receives in the new invoice.
POS & Pricing Management
New Product Approval and PLU Management
- BeerBoard creates a service ticket or notifies POS team of new brand requests
- Seamlessly provide beer attributes, and PLU with pricing information for the pos system
- POS clean up alert when a brand is untapped at a store so the POS to eliminate inactive PLUs for beers that are no longer available
- Retailers manage mandates and compliance centrally across all stores.
- RM or corporate beverage team will receive alerts to approve or deny requests for beers that are not compliant.
Simplify and Centralize Beer Pricing and Margins
- Pricing algorithm optimizes margins and accuracy
- Prices are determined by keg cost
- Accommodates multiple pricing tiers for hyper-local brands.
- Ordering from one platform for all distributors is a much easier process, as well as time saving.
- Not weighing kegs is ideal – saves management a lot of time every week as they are no longer weighing kegs but spot checking.
- Smartpar values week to week is the ideal way to order as opposed to the established pars – reviewing the pars and comparing on hand inventory is time consuming.
Suggestions for Improvement:
- Submitting orders at noon on Mondays – old process allowed orders to be submitted up until Tuesday at 2pm. Working to address this
- Would be ideal to be able to have one drop down so every product for a given distributor is available, and able to order all at once as opposed to product by product. Fix is in place
- Contract for the GA market executed
- HOA EDI letter sent to all distributors in GA
- EDI solution enabled for the GA market
- Distributors added/updated in Smarbar
- Products assigned to each distributor
- Director of Operations south division trained – in person
- RM’s in GA market trained – in person
- Online training for each GM