BAR OPTIMIZATION MANAGER: DALLAS
Position Title: Bar Optimization Manager
Department: Bar Optimization
Supervisor: Sr. Director, Bar Optimization
Date Posted: May 26, 2021
Region: Dallas, TX
The Bar Optimization Manager (Bar Opt) is primarily a client facing role responsible for driving effective and efficient usage of the SmartBar platform to drive results. Bar Opt will interact with all levels of the client organization(s), mostly with and through Store Operations. Contact with Sr Leadership will also be required.
- Bachelor’s degree, equivalent academic experience or comparable F&B industry experience required.
- Proficient in data review, using data to identify trends and ability to interpret data to support a business case.
- Experience managing a Food & Beverage P&L and using financial data to make operational improvements.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally (in a team environment) and help resolve issues in conjunction with multiple departments.
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to effectively communicate as determined by specific audience.
- Have computer skills (Window based) and cloud-based networks skills.
- Proven customer relations and strong follow up/follow through skills. Deadline driven.
- Keen attention to detail; ability to multitask, prioritize and identify problems and solve to satisfactory end.
- Demonstrated ability to use good judgment and work independently.
- Present work product in a professional manner.
- Build traction for the BeerBoard Platform with Operations, Finance, Marketing & Merchandising, Training, etc.
- Support Store Operations and drive engagement of the SmartBar Platform to achieve qualitative and quantitative objectives.
- Drive Yield improvement with store operations team and share results with leadership teams.
- Provide user training and participate in regular SmartBar training to maximize the user experience and expertise. Prepare training materials for client deployment using What Fix and other materials as needed.
- Represent BeerBoard’s innovation agenda with client group (s) and deploy innovation new features.
- Establish Executive and Field Level presence and share KPI data and strategic/tactical improvement plans.
- Support Menu Management efforts with client.
- On Board new clients (from a store operations perspective) and provide updates to Sr Teams.
- Build sustainable relationships with all levels within client organization while representing BeerBoard.
- Escalate Technical issue to Tech Support in prescribed manner and follow up as appropriate.
- Responsible for client data analysis, identification of data issues and validation of data integrity.
- Provide day to day support to locations requesting support and asking questions.
- Provide feedback to BeerBoard to support continuous improvements and best practices on SmartBar platform.
- Document, using standard format, developmental requests and follow up accordingly.
- Track clients KPI and consolidate on internal monthly reports.
- Participate in team meetings.
- Provide UI testing and feedback, as requested and if time permits.
- Identify underperforming brands (regionalized) and share findings with decision makers.
- Provide recommendations for optimal beer assortment based on industry, category and SmartBar data.
- Analyze draft beer yield data to demonstrate ideal COGS and identify COGS variance to theoretical.
- Participate in other team meetings, as requested, and if time permits, as these pertain to Bar Opt and store level compliance.
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with other BeerBoard Teams as needed/requested.
- Yield (Company > Region > District > Store)
- User Engagement
- Innovation deployment & upgrades
- Client Relationship Development & Executive Engagement
- Participation and support of Company Initiatives
All other duties as assigned.